– Two uncharged cancellations allowed for each term of 3 Sept 18- 24 Dec 18, and 13 Jan 19- 2 June 19 (cancellation quota cannot be carried over between terms)
– A 48 h notice period is required for all cancellations within the cancellation quota, otherwise you will be charged the full fee for the lesson
– any cancellations over the agreed cancellation quote will incur the full lesson fee, payable at the start of the next scheduled lesson
– Cancellations during half-term breaks, Christmas and Easter break do not count towards the cancellation quota
– However, repeated cancellations during a short period, or cancelling two or more lessons in a row will mean that I will be unable to reserve the lesson slot for you for future lessons
– If a lesson is rescheduled from its normal day & time, it will count towards the cancellation quota per term
– Lessons run from 3 Sept 18 – 2 June 19 (both inclusive), unless dates are specifically excluded under ‘Holidays’ (please see clause 8) – please check that the dates work for you before committing to lessons
– In the rare event that I have to cancel a lesson, I will offer you the option of rescheduling the lesson on a mutually convenient date
– any missed lessons due to University interviews, away days, illness etc will all count towards your quota of cancelled lessons
– No refunds given – any cancelled lessons must be rescheduled before 31 May 2019
– must be made in cash (or per term, by prior agreement)
– must be made at the start of the lesson
– no lessons will be given on credit. If you do not bring payment to a lesson, I will not go ahead with the lesson, but you will still be charged for it
3. Lesson handouts:
– I will provide one copy of past-paper questions for each topic covered. Additional copies will be charged at £5 per copy
– tutoring sessions start and end on time. If you arrive late, that time will be lost and not be “carried over” to the next lesson.
– As my tutoring sessions often run back-to-back I would ask that you please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the lesson is due to start.
– all material supplied for lessons is copyrighted and may not be distributed in any form (print or online) with my written permission.
6. Lesson Termination:
– both the student and the tutor are free to terminate lessons with 48 h notice via telephone or email. I reserve the right to terminate lessons with a student if I find their behaviour disruptive or inappropriate, or if the student repeatedly cancels lessons within a short time period. No refund will be offered on pre-paid lessons under any circumstances.
– I am not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of the tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of the materials.
– You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
8. Holiday dates:
22 Dec 18 – 13 Jan 19* (Christmas)
9 Apr 19 – 16 Apr 19 (Easter break – shorter than school break)
Lessons on the monthly scheme end 2 June 19, and can be booked ad-hoc after this date. I will be teaching till 18 June 2019.