– A 48 h notice period is required for all cancellations within the cancellation quota, otherwise you will be charged the full fee for the lesson
– Two uncharged cancellations allowed for each term of 4 Sept 16- 17 Dec 17, and 15 Jan 18- 3 June 18 (4 cancellations in the whole year)
– any cancellations over the agreed cancellation quote will incur the full lesson fee, payable at the start of the next scheduled lesson
– Cancellations during half-term break and Easter break do not count towards the cancellation count.
– However, repeated cancellations during a short period, or cancelling two or more lessons in a row will mean that I will be unable to reserve the lesson slot for you for future lessons
– The cancellation allowance will not be carried over between terms
– If a lesson is rescheduled from its normal day & time, it will count towards the cancellation quota per term
– Lessons run from 4 Sept 2017 to 20 June 2018 (both inclusive), apart from the the holiday dates outlined below – please check that the dates work for you before committing to lessons
– In the rare event that I have to cancel a lesson, I will offer you the option of rescheduling the lesson on a mutually convenient date
– any missed lessons due to University interviews, away days and EMPAs/ISAs, etc will all count towards your quota of cancelled lessons
– must be made in cash (unless agreed otherwise)
– must be made at the start of the lesson
– no lessons will be given on credit. If you do not bring payment to a lesson, I will not go ahead with the lesson, but you will still be charged for it
– I will provide one copy of past-paper questions for each topic covered. Additional copies will be charged at £5 per copy
– tutoring sessions start and end on time. If you arrive late, that time will be lost and not be “carried over” to the next lesson.
– As my tutoring sessions often run back-to-back I would ask that you please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the lesson is due to start.
– all material supplied for lessons is copyrighted and may not be distributed in any form (print or online) with my written permission.
– both the student and the tutor are free to terminate lessons with 48 h notice via telephone or email. I reserve the right to terminate lessons with a student if I find their behaviour disruptive or inappropriate, or if the student repeatedly cancels lessons within a short time period. No refund will be offered on pre-paid lessons under any circumstances.
– I am not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of the tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of the materials.
– You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
18 Dec 17 – 13 Jan 18* (Christmas)
26 Mar 18 – 1 April 18 (Easter break – shorter than school break)
*I will be teaching the week of 18 Dec for students who want lessons – this lesson has to be paid for separately and is not included in the monthly payment scheme. I am away on holiday from 24 Dec 17 to 12 Jan 18.
I will be tutoring till 20 June 2018.