Terms and conditions for pay monthly students
– No refund on cancelled lessons, without exception. If you miss a lesson, you will forfeit payment for that lesson. This includes, but is not limited to, lessons missed due to illness, emergencies, University interviews, or away days
– No rescheduling or swapping of lessons allowed, without exception
– Monthly payment covers lessons from 2 Sept 19 – 31 May 20 (both inclusive), including half-term holidays. There will be no lesson between 21 Dec 19 – 4 Jan 20 and 4 Apr 20 – 17 Apr 20
– In the rare event that I have to cancel a lesson, I will offer you the option of rescheduling the lesson at a mutually convenient time, or offer a full refund for the lesson at the hourly rate.
– must be made in advance via online bank transfer (standing order)
– must clear in my account by the 28 of the preceding month (ie 28 Sept for 1 Oct) – otherwise you will be charged a penalty of £10 per day payment is delayed
– Apart from the payment for the first month (see clause below*), ALL remaining payments are non-refundable
– If you decide to stop lessons in the middle of the month, you will not get a refund for the lessons already paid for
– You can stop lessons at the end of a month without any further penalty or commitment
– If you start lessons on any date apart from the first week of the month , you will need to pay the per lesson charge of £35 till we reach the 1st of the next calendar month, where the payment will revert to a monthly standing order
– *I require full payment for the calendar month before the first lesson. However, if you are unhappy with the initial lesson and do not want to continue with tutoring, I will offer a full refund of the first months tuition, minus a £10 administrative fee and the cost of the first lesson. To avail of this offer, you must let me know of your intention to cancel within 5 working days of the initial lesson. This refund policy only applies to the initial/first lesson with new students.
– I reserve the right to cancel lessons if more than one payment is late (not cleared by the 28th). No refunds will be given in such cases
– tutoring sessions start and end on time. If you arrive late, that time will be lost and not be “carried over” to the next lesson.
– As my tutoring sessions often run back-to-back I would ask that you please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the lesson is due to start.
– I will provide one copy of past-paper questions for each topic covered. Additional copies will be charged at £5 per copy
– all material supplied for lessons is copyrighted and may not be distributed in any form (print or online) with my written permission.
– both the student and the tutor are free to terminate lessons with 48 h notice via telephone or email.
– I reserve the right to terminate lessons with a student if I find their behaviour disruptive or inappropriate – no refunds will be given in such cases
– I reserve the right to terminate lessons if the student does not pay the monthly lesson fee or repeatedly delays paying monthly tuition fees – no refunds will be given in such cases
– No refund will be offered on pre-paid lessons under any circumstances.
– I am not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of the tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of the materials.
– You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
21 Dec 19 – 4 Jan 20 (Christmas)
4 Apr 20 – 17 Apr 20 (Easter break – shorter than school break)
Weekly Lessons on the monthly scheme end 31 May 20.
A Level Chemistry and Biology exams start in the first week of June. After 31 May, students have the option to book lessons on an ad-hoc basis, around their exam timetable. I will be tutoring till 17 June 2020.