Terms and conditions for pay monthly students
– No refund on cancelled lessons, without exceptions. If you miss a lesson, you will forfeit payment for that lesson.
– No refunds given for lessons missed due to University interviews or ISAs/EMPAs or away days
– No rescheduling of lessons allowed.
– Monthly payment covers lessons from 4 Sept 2017 to 2 June 2018 (both inclusive), including half-term holidays. There will be no lesson between 18 Dec – 13 Jan and 26 March -1 April.
– In the rare event that I have to cancel a lesson, I will offer you the option of rescheduling or a refund for the lesson.
– must be made in advance via online bank transfer (standing order)
– must clear in my account by the 28 of the preceding month (ie 28 Sept for 1 Oct) – otherwise I will charge a penalty of £30 per day payment is delayed
– Apart from the payment for the first month, ALL remaining payments are non-refundable.
– If you stop lessons in the middle of the month, you will not get a refund for the remaining lessons that have been paid for
– If you decide to stop lessons at the end of the month, you do not have to pay for the rest of the year, however, you will not be given any refunds
– If you start lessons on any date apart from the first week of the month , you will need to pay the per lesson charge of £35 till we reach the 1st of the next calendar month, where the payment will revert to a monthly standing order
– I require full payment for the calendar month before the first lesson. However, if you are unhappy with the initial lesson and do not want to continue with tutoring, I will offer a full refund of the first months tuition, minus a £10 administrative fee and the cost of the first lesson. To avail of this offer, you must let me know of your intention to cancel within 5 working days of the initial lesson. This refund policy only applies to the initial/first lesson with new students.
– I reserve the right to cancel lessons if more than one payment is late (not cleared by the 28th). No refunds will be given in such cases.
– tutoring sessions start and end on time. If you arrive late, that time will be lost and not be “carried over” to the next lesson.
– As my tutoring sessions often run back-to-back I would ask that you please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the lesson is due to start.
– I will provide one copy of past-paper questions for each topic covered. Additional copies will be charged at £5 per copy
– all material supplied for lessons is copyrighted and may not be distributed in any form (print or online) with my written permission.
– both the student and the tutor are free to terminate lessons with 48 h notice via telephone or email.
– I reserve the right to terminate lessons with a student if I find their behaviour disruptive or inappropriate.
– I reserve the right to terminate lessons if the student does not pay the monthly lesson fee or repeatedly delays paying monthly tuition fees
– No refund will be offered on pre-paid lessons under any circumstances.
– I am not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of the tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of the materials.
– You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
18 Dec 17 – 13 Jan 18* (Christmas)
26 Mar 18 – 1 April 18 (Easter break – shorter than school break)
*I will be teaching the week of 18 Dec for students who want lessons – this lesson has to be paid for separately and is not included in the monthly payment scheme. I am away on holiday from 24 Dec 17 to 12 Jan 18.
Lessons on the monthly scheme end 2 June 18.
After 2 June, students can book lessons on an ad-hoc basis, around their exam timetable. I will be tutoring till 20 June 2018.